Rich has 20 years of experience in information security, physical security, and risk management.
He specializes in data security, application security, emerging security technologies, and security management. Prior to founding Securosis, Rich was a research vice president at Gartner Inc. on the security team, where he also served as research co-chair for the Gartner Security Summit. Prior to his seven years at Gartner, Rich worked as an independent consultant, Web application developer, software development manager at the University of Colorado, and systems and network administrator.
He is a frequent industry speaker at events including the RSA Security Conference and DefCon, and has spoken on every continent except Antarctica (where he's happy to speak for free -- assuming travel is covered).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Rich Mogull
- Cloud management platforms key for cloud security
- Weighing SaaS encryption options
- Cloud security: It’s all about automation
- Cloud computing encryption and IaaS security
- Using DLP tools for cloud computing security
- How to build a private cloud securely using OpenStack
- Detecting unauthorized use of cloud computing
- Cloud encryption use cases
- Incident response process in a cloud environment
- How to assess cloud computing risks