SearchCloudSecurity.com contributor Francoise Gilbert focuses on information privacy and security, cloud computing, and data governance. She is the managing director of the IT Law Group and serves as the general counsel of the Cloud Security Alliance.
She has been named one of the country’s top privacy advisors in a recent industry survey and, for several years, has been recognized by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America as a leading lawyer in the field of information privacy and security. Gilbert is the author and editor of the two-volume treatise Global Privacy & Security Law, which analyzes the data protection laws of 65 countries on all continents. She serves on the Technical Board of Advisors of the ALI-ABA and co-chairs the PLI Privacy & Security Law Institute.
Editor's note: Francoise Gilbert's contributions to SearchCloudSecurity.com reflect only her personal opinions and not that of her clients or the Cloud Security Alliance.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Francoise Gilbert
- Draft EU data protection laws would lighten enterprises' wallets
- Overview: Security breach notification in the cloud
- How international laws govern data privacy in the cloud
- Analysis of EU WP29 cloud computing opinion
- Demystifying the Patriot Act and its cloud impact
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00 and cloud services
- The EU's proposed data protection rule and the cloud
- Cloud contracts: Cloud computing pricing
- Planning for cloud e-discovery
- E-Discovery Cloud Considerations
- Managing the risk of cloud outages
- Cloud computing contracts and cloud outages
- Ten key provisions in cloud computing contracts
- Cloud computing legal issues: data location
- Developing cloud computing contracts